Planning your Trip
Once you decide to take on the Great Glen Canoe Trail, there will be a number of factors to consider.
- the type of craft (Open canoe, sea kayak or touring kayak)
- group size (safety in numbers/ size of group for wild camping)
- experience in group (ability of paddlers including rescue skills)
- guided or self guided (See Guided Trips page)
- duration of Trail visit (have you allowed enough time to cover weather delays?)
- food planning (buying food on the Trail will help reduce portage weight)
- setting dates (remember to register your trip 5 working days in advance)
- insurance (do you have canoe / paddler insurance?)
Time spent planning will certainly ensure you have a safer and more enjoyable adventure.