The Great Glen Canoe Trail is a fantastic paddling adventure no matter how short or long your visit.
The following Caledonian Canal and Great Glen Canoe Trail facilities are offered free of charge to paddlers on the condition that they register their trip at least 3 working days in advance with Scottish Canals.
- Pick up a free waterproof Trail Guide Map
- Free parking at Banavie car park (at the foot of Neptune's Staircase)
- Free parking at Muirtown Locks car park (at the foot of Muirtown Locks) - subject to availability
- Use of canalside canoe racks (bring a padlock and chain to secure your canoe) - subject to availbility
- Use of the low-level pontoons and orientation panels
- Access to water from canalside stanchions
The following Caledonian Canal and Great Glen Canoe Trail facilities are available to paddlers, walkers and cyclists, for a charge of £10 per person. This fee goes back towards the upkeep of the trail
- Canal toilets & showers at various locations along the canal
- Access to washing machines and tumble dryers
- Access to electricity sockets to charge mobile phones etc
- Canalside informal camping spots
- Composting toilets and Trailblazer Rest Sites at various waterside sites
The cost for acessing all the facilities is £10 per person for the duration of your trip (under 12s free). An acess key can be collected at Corpach Sea Lock, near Fort William or at Seaport Marina office in Inverness, and must be returned at the end of your visit. Groups will be asked to share a key. Please note all charges are non-refundable.